Get Us PPE started in March 2020 by a group of frontline emergency physicians who quickly realized that healthcare workers did not have sufficient personal protective equipment to keep them safe during the coronavirus pandemic. A hashtag (#GetUsPPE) turned into an open letter, which turned into the largest non-governmental distributor of PPE in the country.
After six months of receiving PPE requests and analyzing our PPE shortage data as we match supply with need, it became clear that the PPE shortage is still a crisis, and that it has shifted from large hospitals to smaller facilities. We also know that the PPE shortage has expanded well beyond healthcare to other types of frontline workers, as well as homeless, undocumented incarcerated, and native populations, who are already at increased risk for COVID-19.
After listening to the data, Get Us PPE refocused our role in the crisis by prioritizing delivery of PPE to frontline workers and those in under-resourced and vulnerable communities — all free of charge. We recently updated our organization’s Mission, Vision, and Values to reflect our equity-forward model.
We get donated PPE to those who need it most.
- We believe all people, especially healthcare workers, should have access to the personal protective equipment (PPE) they need.
- We will use innovative data technology to prioritize and distribute PPE for those most in danger of contracting and dying from COVID-19.
- We will provide PPE at no cost to underserved and underresourced communities.
- We will work with partners here and around the globe to ensure we can source and deliver life-saving PPE.
- We will address the PPE shortage with a sense of urgency and equity.
Equity: Everyone deserves access to life-saving resources.
Integrity: We strive to always do the right thing.
Compassion: We treat everyone with respect & care.
Community: We work better together.
Innovation: We create data-driven, technology-based solutions.
Adaptability: We are committed to continuous improvement.Help Us Fulfill Our Mission