The Get Us PPE mission, vision, and values that drive our nonprofit organization
About Get Us PPE
We get donated PPE to those who need it most.
Get Us PPE is the largest national organization getting personal protective equipment (PPE such as masks, gloves, and isolation gowns) to frontline workers who need it most. As a nonprofit, we obtain PPE via donations and makers, then deliver it to under-resourced facilities at no cost to them. Fair and equitable distribution is vital to our mission.
Get Us PPE was founded by emergency physicians in late March 2020 in response to urgent PPE shortages. Within days, our team of 200+ volunteers from across the country came together to help. Our website has logged thousands of PPE requests from all 50 states, and we have delivered millions of units of PPE to nursing homes, hospitals, rural healthcare facilities, small clinics, homeless shelters, and indigenous communities.
As our nation’s PPE shortage evolves, we evolve our organization to also provide for schools, those impacted by natural disasters, and others in the midst of the PPE crisis.
In the vision that drives the Get Us PPE mission, we…
- Believe all people, especially healthcare workers, should have access to the personal protective equipment (PPE) they need.
- Use innovative data technology to prioritize and distribute PPE for those most in danger of contracting and dying from COVID 19.
- Provide PPE at no cost to underserved and under resourced communities.
- Work with partners here and around the globe to ensure we can source and deliver life-saving PPE.
- Address the PPE shortage with a sense of urgency and equity.
Everyone deserves access to life-saving resources.
We strive to always do the right thing.
We treat everyone with respect & care.
We work better together.
We create data-driven, technology-based solutions.
We are committed to continuous improvement.
Key initiatives that help us meet the Get Us PPE mission
Advocate for immediate action to expedite the manufacture of medical PPE nationwide.